|JWro dives into one of his delicious recipes.|
2. The birth of the pilot episode of "How to Live to 100" with Jason Wrobel on Cooking Channel AND news of the official debut of this world's 1st vegan cooking show on January 3rd, 2014.
|Vegan runner. Vegan warrior.|
4. Farm Sanctuary's Animal Acres. Winnie, Thatcher, Li Mu Bai, Turkey Lurkey, Prince, Paolo, Bruno, Safran, Macy, Jumper, and so many more amazing geese, chickens, turkeys, ducks, goats, sheep, cows, horses, and pigs. Also, the human animals there: Cameron, Kelly, Robyn, Alex, Dani, and many other super people who care for these animals every day.
5. Stories like these that illustrate the intelligence of animals and the compassion that we, humans, can and should live out fully with all living beings.
6. Veggie Grill is going to become the country's first vegan restaurant chain at some point. I can feel it. I hope soon.
7. "Bring It Down to Veganville" on SNL brings vegan to the mainstream with a dose of tasteful comedy.
|Drool. Drool. Eat. Eat. Yum. Yum.|
9. One of the best written articles regarding veganism that I've ever read. By Dr. Will Tuttle.
10. The opening of the Animal Advocacy Museum in Pasadena by the wonderful Patty Shenker and Prabhat Gautam. The creation and organization of my very first large fundraising event with the help of the passionate and talented Ciddy Fonteboa: A Night of Creative Compassion. We raised $2500 for the animals of Farm Sanctuary.
11. Family visiting us in LA! Dad & Stepmom Wolf, Brother Wolf, Sister Wolf, Mom & Dad Smith. All received tasty trips to Cafe Gratitude.
|Vegan Goes Chic.|
13. California Ag-Gag bill ruled dead! A huge win for transparency, justice, and compassion for the animals.
14. Our most precious Rini cat survived from heart failure. The emergency clinic vet gave her a 50/50 shot to make it through the night. She did. Lindsay and I were eternally grateful for the love, support, and help she received.
15. Vegan Beer Fest with The Vedge App's Jessica and Christina (thanks for the Ronald's Donuts!), Vegans in Vegas Radio's Rigel, Veggie Fixation's Christine, and so many more compassionate drinkers. Tried a most delicious coffee beer, one of my favorites ever. Oh, also Vegan Pizza Day. I learned what a Pizza Coma was.
16. Being the Community Manager for Forks Over Knives (for over a year!). Connecting with, assisting, congratulating people all over the world as they go through their plant-based journey. This documentary has created an enormous positive revolution for health and, in doing so, for compassion too.
17. Vegan babies and watching them grow up. Thanks Brian L. & Joanna W. and Jessica & Kenny S. for giving birth to such adorable kiddies and being excellent parents.
|The birth of the Power V(egans).|
19. The first (of many!) PowerV lunches at the new Gardein Tasting Kitchen in Marina Del Rey. Jason Stefanko is not only a Gardein executive chef; he's the man!
20. Films that have made and will continue to make an impact on the hearts and minds of humans - Blackfish, The Ghosts In Our Machine, Speciesism: The Movie. And looking forward to the upcoming Unity (from Shaun Monson and Nation Earth, who brought us Earthlings).
|Mary helps us with our vow renewal.|
22. The holidays this past month. So much food, so much family, so much laughter and joy and fun and presents. So much love.
23. Bill de Blasio wins us all over, vowing to ban horse carriages in NYC. Thank you.
|Thank you, Mayor-elect de Blasio.|
25. You. Our kissable KMIV family. Thank you for your continuing readership and support. We know we've been more infrequent with posts, but we're still here! We look forward to a 2014 with some fun happenings and always love your participation. Happy New Year!!!